Things to take to NYSC Camp
The 2015 NYSC Batch A corps members just printed their call-up letter waiting to report to camp on 5th May, 2015 while Stream II will report to camp on 2nd June, 2015.
I believe that by now you all have your call-up letter with you.
Below are the things you are expected to report to the camp with. These are needed for Registration at the NYSC. 2015 Batch A NYSC members are advised to report to camp as at when expected given that registration at the camp shall only be for a period of 2 days. Be informed that there shall be no further registration in camp after the cut-off
date and time.
2. For the registration procedure, 2015 Batch A corps members are requested to bring to camp
- Their original statement of result,
- Institution identity card and
- 8 recent passport photographs.
- In addition, if you are a Medical Doctor, Pharmacist or an Optometrist you
will be expected to bring along original of your registration certificate with the Nigerian Medical Council, Pharmacist Board or
Optometrist Registration Council and evidence of completion of housemanship or internship.
3. 2015 NYSC Batch A corps members will be paid the sum of One Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N1,500.00) as Transport Allowance in the camp. Also the sum of One Thousand Naira(N1,000.00) will be paid to 2015 NYSC Batch A corps members as local Transport Allowance. The above allowances are to be collected at the orientation camp of your state of deployment.
4. As a participant in the orientation course, you will be required to take to the camp your:
- pillow and pillow case,
- mosquito net,
- bed sheets,
- drinking cup and torch light for your personal convenience.
- Documents and Photocopies
- Call-up letter
- Statement of Result/transcript
- First degree certificate
- School ID card
- 6 Passport photographs
Things to take to NYSC Camp cont.: More things needed personally:
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Bath soap & Sponge
- Detergent & Laundery Soap
- Toilet Paper
- Sanitary Pads & Tampons
- Shower Caps
- Buckets & Bailer
- Body Cream & Lotion
- White T-shirts
- White Shorts
- Whites tennis shoes
- White socks
- Bed sheets
- Perfumes/ body spray
- Rubber slippers/flip flops
- Combs and hair needs
- Makeup & accessories
For ladies, using Colored panties will be too conspicuous under the white tops and bottoms.
* You can take a 2 – 3 sets of casual wears/mufti for Church and camp fire night.
* 1 pair of shoe and socks is okay. It is good to have a white rubber shoe that is easy to clean (sold at camp also)
Things to take to NYSC Camp: Other Recommended Items are;
- Torch lights
- Mosquito nets/mosquito repellant
- Food flasks, cups, drinking flasks & cutlery
- Cloth hangers
- Wrist watch
- Padlocks and keys
- Waist pouch
- Handkerchiefs/face towels/Kleenex
- Wrist watch.
- Waist purse (This can be purchased at the camp also).
- Camera & batteries
- Writing pads and stationary
- Mp3/ iPod
- Eye pads for sleeping & ear plugs
- Surge protectors / extensions
- Glue sticks & stapler
* Prices of items apart from fast consumer goods (Gala, Indomie etc) are usually higher than those outside so it is advisable you buy the things you can before going into camp.
Now for the guys and ladies out there…abstinence is the best answer but if you must, please get protection. YES! I mean CONDOM, BULLET, CD, RUBBER, COVER CAP etc.
For my christian friends, your Bible is very important for a healthy living in the camp.
Drop your comments below and don’t forget to share this post so that your friends will get it.
Things to take to NYSC Camp was brought to you by NYSC Online
How do I know original statement of result please